100 Word SF - Lyrics

Christian000Mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Tue Jun 16 21:19:47 EDT 1998

Kevin Perry wrote:
> OK - here's my lyrics entry (no verse yet):
>
> [Verse]
>
> The Earth moves slowly, time stands still,
> I'll see you in the future, I promise I will...
>
> [But] I'm frozen in my time machine,
> Lost and lonely, drifting into eternity,
> I saw the answer in a dream,
> Equations send me spinning into infinity
> [What will become of me?]
>
> I also have half a tune, so if anyone's in the London area and feels like
> taking this further...

ok, I'll take a shot continuing this, sorry about disregarding
structure/rhyme etc. (consider it primordial piscean putty to be screwed
with at will ;^)

As the past is dissolved, my mind stays revolved
'round its anchor,

a sailor of space with blanked out face
I head for the void, all my motives devoid of purpose

My focus to prove, that by will I may move
to some time and place  - which is NOWHERE!

<go into short instrumental "falling" break
(like in "Astronomy Dominy") as the below is sung or
spoken crazily>

The dials they blink
and my fingers they sink
into liquid and steam
For all now I see is an image of me -
dissolviiiiing!

<long fried instrumental cook-out>

As I'm engulfed in my brain, my equations remain
completely insane and as I go there I laugh at the now
... for it's future!

The vacuum of space it tears off my face
and my undying soul is flayed from its body - dissected..!
And on Earth down below I glimpse cards shuffling slow
Yet I steal this last laugh -
for this joker knows where they will all go:

into every direction of chaaaaoooos!

(continues into insane looooong scream and
crazed laughter and fades to the crackling of hellfire -
yes no sound in space but who gives a shit)

BTW if its ever recorded I ought to do the end bit cos I can do it darn
well - or maybe I should just send it to Peter Hammill.

Chr.

"Your work is upbeat, refreshing, relaxing, and so very positive about the
importance, beauty, and vitality of Nature and life itself. . . . Keep up
the good work!"
- R. Keese, Longview, Texas