SpaceRock Bassists throb..

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 17 08:50:25 EDT 1998

>>Also uses a
>SG-type [EB-3?]
>
>If it's got one pickup, it's an EB-0 - two pickups are on the EB-3
>
>Epiphone is reissuing the EB-0's for fairly low prices.  Jack Bruce
>imitators, line forms at the rear...
>
>>LPs wax and wane in popularity but never go away.  Around here, the
>only gtr anyone plays is a Strat...
>
>Can't go wrong there.  Marshall will buoy, but FENDER control...  ;-)
>

>John

I've a fender amp and it rocks - it just doesn't shred.

Jack Bruce imitators BEWARE.......nomatter how sassy and sexy your
EB-0/EB-3 may be........it will never sound like JB without an old
Marshall Bass 100 head, preferably through a 4x10" or a 4x12".

In fact, I suspect, if you get your technique right, that and your amp
can produce an extremely Bruce-esque tone nomatter what bass you have
(single coil pickups won't work).  My Eggle 5 through a 1971 100w
Marshall SuperBass head and a 1973 Bass 4x10" has that perfect Cream
live sound - just fat and sassy.  Geezer Butler copyists take careful
note too.

Chris.