BOC: Simpsons reference (was: Re: BOC: "No-Zilla")

Andrew A. Apold mordru at GEKKO.NET
Wed Jun 17 15:35:03 EDT 1998

>What?  Of course it's not deep at all.  Unless you're replying to Rich's
>post (which was a bit of a troll, face it Rich!) by suggesting he's shallow
>for not sharing your tastes.  It's a deeply conservative show that
>masquerades as being subversive,

Yeah, that was proved when they revealed that the cash
register subliminally flasshes "NRA4EVR"...

 which is what I don't like about it.  It
>does have some amusing gags, although they're mostly for geeks who can spot
>the references :)

There are times when it seems stupid, but every once in awhile
it clicks perfectly... and you get more jokes crammed into a single
good episode than in an entire season of the average U.S. sitcom...

Andrew, who is a
proud member of the
Stonecutters
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/5093/stone.htm

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at gekko.net), aka | Tension
Roger Shrubstaff, Guildmaster of Reeves |  Apprehension
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |    and Dissention
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |     have begun.
+--------B-L-U-E--Ö-Y-S-T-E-R--C-U-L-T--+    -Alfred Bester
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random