BOC: Simpsons reference (was: Re: BOC: "No-Zilla")

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Wed Jun 17 23:29:39 EDT 1998

> > >I did - and vaguely remember the reference...  Mind you, the Simpsons
> > >aren't,
> > >Never have been, and probably never will be funny.  At all.
> > >

> > Yeah, the show is a little _too deep_ for some people.
> >

> What?  Of course it's not deep at all.  Unless you're replying to Rich's
> post (which was a bit of a troll, face it Rich!) by suggesting he's shallow
> for not sharing your tastes.  It's a deeply conservative show that
> masquerades as being subversive, which is what I don't like about it.  It
> does have some amusing gags, although they're mostly for geeks who can spot
> the references :)
>
> - Andy

Aww...come on folks...Simpsons is a great show. Intelligent probably
isn't the word...wise-ass is  more like it. And I certainly
don't think most of the gags are for geeks. Do those who caught
Homer's 'Don't Fear the Reaper' reference agree?

By the way, Andy...what exactly do you mean when you say it's a
conservative show masquerading as subversive? Not that I ever really
saw Simpsons as subversive, but I've never considered it
conservative, either.

--  Nick