OFF: Basses

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Jun 18 18:17:32 EDT 1998

Ghost in da Ruins (that man again) scribbled...
>Bass Guitars - Doug Pinnick of King's X played a five string and a 12
>string Hamer.  Think he recently switched to ESP.  Doug's not a good
>example though as he can make a tissue box, ruler and rubber bands
sound great.

>Doug also played an 8-string Hamer.  I saw him use it the first time KX
played Belfast.  Ow!  Didn't he actually endorse Hamer??

Chris.

Yeah he did.  Monty Colvin of Galactic Cowboys also played Hamer.  I
think they switched around the same time.  Monty said something to the
effect of the new brand, think its ESP, had a much fatter sound, Hamer
was "thin" by comparison.  Can you imagine Doug with a fatter sound than
he already had.

IMHO (of course) Douggie is to Bass players what Buck is to guitar
players, understated and totally brilliant!  BTW keep your eyes peeled
for the King's X, Galactic Cowboy and Fates Warning Tour, shopuld be a
blast!

Ghost in the Ruins

"Yeah, well don't count your weasels before they pop dink!"  The Tick