OFF: Deep Purple

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Mon Jun 22 05:40:37 EDT 1998

Just bought the new album, 'Abandon'. I'm officially halfway through
it, so I don't want to make any snap judgements. So far, the guy who
already gave his opinions about it (I've GOT to start remembering
names or stop deleting e-mails) had it kind of right. I like
it...it's a good disc so far, and will most likely get the standard
repeat listens, but it's probably not quite as good as I'd hoped.
Same style as 'Purpendicular', but probably a little more
bottom-heavy, and not quite as much variety.

--  Nick