OFF: OB: Molly Hatchet

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Tue Jun 23 01:16:13 EDT 1998

> You had to ask!
>
> The current lin-up is Phil McCormack - vox, Bobby Ingram - gtr, John Galvin - keys
> Bryan Bassett - gtr, Mac Crawford - drums, Andy McKinney - bass
>
> Bobby & John played with Danny Joe Brown (original MH vox) in his solo band
> and on his excellent 1981 solo LP.  They followed him into MH when Danny returned
> and stayed on when he left.  There are no original members left but John & Bobby
> have been around MH for 14 years now, so they're hardly new bloods.

> Si Halley wrote:
> >
> > Subject: Re: Deep Purple
> >
> > >Ob Next CD on shopping list:  Molly Hatchet: 'Silent Reign of Heroes'.
> >
> > What! Where did this one come from? I used to love this band but they seemed
> > to disappear years ago! Is this new material? Who`s left in the band?
> >
> > Si

Also check out 'Devil's Canyon', which was released about a year or
two ago...it's got McCormack on vocals for the first time, but also
an acoustic version of 'Dreams I'll Never See' sung by Danny Joe,
perhaps his last performance with the band (from what I hear,
diabetes forced him to quit). Don't worry though...McCormack's singing
is almost identical, although just a shade less forceful.
'Lightning Strikes Twice', released in the late 80s, was Danny Joe's
last album with MH. It's quite good, too.
It's nice for a band to change and grow sometimes, but it's also nice
to have a constant...and that's exactly what Hatchet has been. Same
kick-ass southern rock you remember, no matter how long ago you
bought your last Hatchet album!

--  Nick