OFF: Stonehenge Who Knows?

The Automind antisol at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 24 17:45:37 EDT 1998

>It can't be proven, sadly, but there are suggestions that
>the way henges and stone circles are laid out it is possible that
>whole sections could have been closed off with curtains to restrict
>access to form a kind of labyrinth where only certain authoritarian
>figures would have been permitted access to specific areas while
>everyone else was kept well away from the action.

There's reason to believe that stone circles were an integrated part of
community life, rather than fantastic temples to be looked at by the
general population from a distance.

When early airplanes flew over Stonhenge, pilots noticed that spots of
its closely surrounding terrain contrasted sharply in terms of shade and
color- due to differences in soil types which caused differences in the
vegetation of these areas. The most obvious explanation for this is that
the soil had been cultivated, meaning that farmers were working right
next to the sacred Stonhenge every day, and their families dwelling
places were either there as well, or not far off. Whether or not these
people are the same ones who built the monument is probably in question.
(recently out of school, too lazy to do research!)

>obQuote> "the England team have the killer instincts of a Telly Tubby"
>The England *cricket* team that is.

I gotta see those things! I've heard that in the US now, but have never
seen them. Probably because they're on at 5 or 6 in the morning.