HW: US Tour?

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Jun 24 19:18:14 EDT 1998

>I noticed that the Strange Daze 98 page
>      http://www.now-online.com/jmfinity/sd98.htm
>
>Has a new thing at the end saying that Hawkwind is considering playing a
>few other gigs in the US this fall, and are looking for people who are
>willing to help line things up.

Yep, Dave Brock sayz the same thing on the Mission Control page...let's hope
something happens, esp. for those who can't make it to SD'98.

On the subject of US tours, I can give you all the sad news that the
long-awaited Porcupine Tree tour, that was originally postponed from May to
September, has now been completely nixed.  Apparently due to lack of support
from their new label, ARK21.  I *knew* that long drive to Baltimore two
years ago (to see their only full-show live appearence in the states *ever*)
was worth it.  :)  It truly sucks, though.

>Is anyone else on the list from Massachusetts?

Well, it seems like they're all in Europe now, probably because HW can't
seem to get gigs to "stick" up there in Beantown anymore. :)  Tania still
here???  Carl???  Of course, Chris & Mary Bruce are there also.  Well, I
*think* they are...I haven't heard a single thing from them, or about them,
in about 18 months.  What's the deal with them anyway??

Good luck anyway...and perhaps I'd come up for that show...

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  It seems like quite a few of the Griffin releases are showing up on
lists of CDs for sale on r.m.p., which means that people are probably
finding them as cheap cutouts in bins at local shops like some other folks
here on boc-l have come across. So, anyway, if there's anybody still out
there searching for these soon-to-be-scarce items, you might want to peruse
that newsgroup for awhile.