OFF: OB: Molly Hatchet

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHU.AC.UK
Thu Jun 25 05:14:02 EDT 1998

Nick English wrote:

> It's nice for a band to change and grow sometimes, but it's also nice
> to have a constant...and that's exactly what Hatchet has been. Same
> kick-ass southern rock you remember, no matter how long ago you
> bought your last Hatchet album!

To be momentarily confrontational...

I like southern rock, but I never could understand why _anyone_ would
like Molly Hatchett. Too many identical songs, not rock enough to be
metal and not country enough to be southern boogie. I always thought
they were the poor relations compared to Skynyrd or the Allmans. Of course
then I bought a 38 Special album and I _knew_ what crap was  :-) Molly
Hatchett are to Skynyrd what Iron Maiden are to Motorhead IMO.

Chris Bates