OFF: OB: Molly Hatchet, Skynyrd,....

Hulsebos A arjanh at CS.VU.NL
Thu Jun 25 09:52:25 EDT 1998

On Jun 25,  9:45am, Nick English wrote:

>I was just about ready to completely write Skynyrd off, but their
>latest album, 'Twenty', has some really decent cuts on it. Plus, in
>my opinion, which will most likely NOT be shared by many, their song
>'The Last Rebel' ranks among the all-time greatest Skynyrd tunes.

Agreed.

>Overall, though, Johnny is a very poor replacement for Ronnie, and
>the songwriting doesn't even compare.

Hmmmm, comparing their CD's, I'd say Johnny's got a better voice than
Ronnie, and Johnny's phrasing's slightly better. As for songwriting, I
don't think they'll come up with something like Alabama, or Freebird,
but besides that, not much difference. Otherwise, I can't judge
them, as I've only seen Skynyrd II on TV.... :-(

>--  Nick

Arjan H
--
Disclaimer? Whaddayamean, disclaimer? This is 1998!

            Arjan Hulsebos -- arjanh at cs.vu.nl
For more info (last updated June 5,1998): finger -l arjanh at top.cs.vu.nl