OFF: Porcupine Tree

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHU.AC.UK
Fri Jun 26 04:26:46 EDT 1998

Jill wrote:

> I'm afraid that Porcupine Tree have entered that long descent into the
> darkness of unknowing.

> they started - playing Pink Floyd clone tracks.   Unless they can come
> up with some new material I fear that all we will have to remember them
> by are a few glorious CD albums and about 6 different versions of Voyage

> sad

Sad news indeed. I blame myself, I bought *Coma Divine* not so long
ago and was blown away. As with any band that I get into they now
have to split up/slip into a period of mediocrity before returning
in a blaze of creativity and glory 10 years hence! The only exception
being HW who tumble from mediocrity to creativity and back every three
years - sort of like a psychedelic rollercoaster.

Chris Bates