OFF: OB: Molly Hatchet, Skynyrd,....

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Fri Jun 26 00:01:00 EDT 1998

> And wasn't the whole Black Crowes thing aboput corporate sponsorship and
> the fact that Miller Lite were shovelling wads of cash at the band and
> demanding "Artistic Control"???
>
> Chris.

Yeah...that's why they got kicked off the tour...definitely had too
much attitude for a 'corporate' tour. In fact, they had three
gospel/rhythm and blues singers, older ladies, on the tour to sing
backup and they quit cuz the boys were partying so hard. I remember
them saying that they thought the Crowes were wonderful boys, but
they just couldn't be around them. Anyway, it was after getting
booted that Chris Robinson made his comment, something to the effect
of, "At least WE were going on stage every night and actually
PLAYING!" If I hadn't seen a show myself I would have chalked it up
to sour grapes. But I was there, and even before Robinson's remarks,
I noticed it.
Also, I hated Antenna, although Antenna Head is a killer tune. I
didn't even bother with Rhythmeen after hearing 'What's Up with
That'. Is the rest of the disc any good?

--  Nick