OFF: OB: Molly Hatchet, Skynyrd,....

Chris Baxley Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Fri Jun 26 13:25:27 EDT 1998

> Can't say I have, Carl, but if you like Southern Rock/Heavy Metal,
> check out Raging Slab, especially their self-title debut or the
> followup, 'Dynamite Boogie...something or other'. Some really
> incredible and unique music -- toe-tappin' and head-bangin' at the
> same time.

Hmm, that's wierd.  Last year I saw Farflung open for Raging Slab, if you
can believe it.
It was a ripping set of Space Rock, followed by some good, old-school
southern-fried boogie.
Farflung is one of Tommy Grenas' bands, who played with Nikwind, and the
recent
version of Chrome that I saw a few weeks ago (which was great brain-warping
psyche -
don't miss it if you get the chance).  At the Chrome show, he saw my
Nethawks shirt and knew
all about our list.  Cool guy.

I felt sorry for Raging Slab though.  The singer was a full-on 70s rocker:
leather pants, shirt open to navel,
huge mane of hair, and they were playing for about 60 bored looking alterna
kids, but I liked their attitude:
fuck the cynicism, we're gonna rock!

Speaking of slabs, for a healthy slab of American trash/youth culture,
watch "Loveline" on MTV.  Too funny.

Cheers,
     Chris