OFF: Porcupine Tree

Christian000Mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Fri Jun 26 18:12:38 EDT 1998

I always thought this band to be _extremely_ overrated in every respect
(especially as regards 'originality' and 'psychedelic value'), though I
have not heard their early tape releases etc. They'll be forgotten soon
enough :-)

I just sold my copy of Signify for $12 the other day, I'll spend that money
on caffeine tablets 'cos I gave Signify one last spin and still have a hard
time staying awake three days later. Watered down Waters if ye ask me.
Well, its past my bedtime now, so....

Christian

> Jill wrote:
>
> > I'm afraid that Porcupine Tree have entered that long descent into the
> > darkness of unknowing.
>
> > they started - playing Pink Floyd clone tracks.   Unless they can come
> > up with some new material I fear that all we will have to remember them
> > by are a few glorious CD albums and about 6 different versions of
Voyage