HW: Welcome to the Future

eldritch eldritch at NDIRECT.CO.UK
Sat Jun 27 13:08:45 EDT 1998

Joseph DeLillo wrote:

> I just got that in the other day.  It's all right, but the it's not a
> very good mixing job, although I have not heard the orginal albums to
> judge the sound quality.  I am not sure if Space Ritual 2 is just disc
> two of the Space Ritual set, as I don't have either, except for in the
> 4-cd set.
>
> I hope this bit of info helps
>
> Andrew A. Apold wrote:
>
> > Hawkwind:
> > Welcome to the Future 4-cd set, all the
> > disc names sound familiar (text of the festival, space ritual vol. 2
> > masters of the universe, and one other)....
> >
> > $21.95... worth it?
> >
> > I have space ritual, is that just the 2nd disk?  or is that the
> >         "other" ritual that gets dissed a lot?
> >
> > =================================
> > -Andrew Apold (mordru at flite.net)

 Well all the original albums sound pretty crap: SR VOL 2 is the best of
the bunch..
 It's the alternate takes from SR tour, it isn't mixed any where near as
good as sr.
I think Nik gave them to Dave Anderson when he was skint like the rest of
the junk.
If I remember rightly anyway. Dave runs Demi Monde records and generally
licenses
all the CD stuff to Magnum.  Magnum seem to be incapable of doing good
packaging.
Mind you why not package crap in crap :-)

Rich

;-)