HW: Welcome to the Future

Johan Edlundh johan.edlundh at HABO.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Mon Jun 29 13:22:23 EDT 1998

>If you already have these tracks on other CDs don't bother with this box
>set at all.    However it has to be conceded that early Hawkwind in any
>form is not common and for a complete overview of Hawkwind history you
>do need *one* copy and I have to admit that (even with the appalling
>sound quality - which for me just adds to the atmostphere in this case)
>I really enjoy the Text of Festival album with its wonderful endless
>Hawkwind spaced-out jamming sessions.    When someone finally gets the
>entire 2LP onto a CD - this I will definitely buy.

well, if you *two* CD copies of the first LP of _Text of Festival_, the
Welcome Box is a definitely buy...

when you're buying this box, you'll end up with the following albums:
1) Text of Festival, vinyl side A, B
2) Bring Me the Head of Your Gagarin
3) Space Ritual vol 2   (that's close to SR vinyl side C, D)
4) Text of Festival, vinyl side A, B, C

I think it's fair to point on the redundant parts a bit...

However, the Lemmy Bass Freakout in SRII/Time We Left is quite a peak that
shouldn't be missed.

>jill

-joe