OFF: Radiohead

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Mar 4 04:29:50 EST 1998

In article <199803031707.MAA25275 at mail4.uts.ohio-state.edu>, Keith
Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU> writes
> So have they evolved into
>something far less banal in the last 5 years??

It's much more polished now, but if you found no redeeming qualities on
Pablo Honey then I wouldn't recommend OK Computer to you. If you
disliked PH because it lacks OOHPH, you still notice the absence on the
later works. It's deliberate. I actually prefer the 2nd album The Bends.

> Is this OK Computer (?) disc
>really good?

I think so.

> Am I the only one who hasn't heard any of this??

It has been voted Most Important Album of the 90's in some UK Music mags
like Select. I think Mojo voted it 7th best LP of all time. (which, of
course, is meaningless, except to say a lot of people like it right now)

Hear it once at least, and judge for yerself.
--
Jon