OFF: ok, now it's Joe Satriani

Ted Alger talger at PIPELINE.COM
Thu Mar 5 08:47:07 EST 1998

>>ObCD - Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet
>
>How is it?  I was thinking about picking it up, but how many Joe Satriani
>albums does one person need?  My guess is "Surfing with the Alien", and
>then maybe one more.
>
>Anyway, Tower had it, but it was $18 and I was in a "cheap bastard" mood...

well, I've only been able to give it a few spins, but so far I like it
quite a bit....much better than his last, IMHO.....and personally, I
think Surfing is one of his weaker albums......Flying in a Blue Dream
is much better, and hell, at least his song titles are pretty
entertaining,unlike some of the pretentious stuff like Yngwie and
those guys with their pseudo classical sounding titles....you pretty
much have to laugh at a song called "Raspberry Jam Delta-V"