OFF: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Mar 5 09:11:11 EST 1998

Ya da ya da ya da...Blah blah blah.

Lots of execellent points people.  Hall of Fames in general (sports, the
arts) are all worthless.  Who's in and who's not can be debated until
the cows come home.  The big shack in Cleveland is no different I just
don't understand why they don't call it the "Popular Music Hall of
Fame."  R&R in the 50's was different from the 60's, 70's etc.  So many
variants you could argue Tiny Tim should be there (if he is not
already).  BIg time waste.  Of that list I saw a while ago with
potential nominees I would back Earth Wind and Fire in a heartbeat,
real trendsetters in the 70's early 80's.

Now what they should do is start a "Real Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" an
specifically exclude all of the "cross the pop line" wankers.  Here you
would find:

Frank Zappa
Lemmy
Hawkwind
BOC
Triumph
Sabbath

You won't find...

Asia
Night Ranger
Bay City Rollers
Bee Gees

If ya didn't bring your "metal" or "warp drive" you don't have a ticket
to ride.

L8er
Ghost.In.The.Ruins

"When I look up at the stars at night
what could I find beyond the light,
a hundred million worlds we ignore." - Pleadies , King's X

PS:  John, were ya air bassing to "See You In Black" over the radio?