BOC: Album-buying advice to Boston-area fans

Tue Mar 10 14:18:44 EST 1998

This info is for those of you (like me) who are planning on picking up
HEAVEN FORBID on March 24th in the Boston area - I probably shouldn't
share as it might endanger my chances of picking up the first copy in
the area...

Stopped by my local Tower Records and Newbury Comics to check on how well
these two stores do on getting just-released stuff on the shelves.  Went
through the racks with a copy of ICE magazine in hand - looking at the
list of March 10th releases.

Tower Records was pretty disappointing - less than half, probably closer to
a quarter of the releases scheduled to be out today were nowhere to be
found.  In particular, I was looking for Motorhead's *Snake Bite Love* as
this CD is also on CMC International - not there.

Over at Newbury Comics ("For a wicked good time..."), the results were
MUCH better.  Probably at least half, if not more, of the March 10th releases
were either in the "new releases" section, or in the bins of their respective
artists.  CMC's Motorhead release was there, so I have some confidence in
CMC's ability to deliver their products on time.  Furthermore, Newbury
Comics has a bulletin board listing upcoming releases -- 1st one listed
for March 24th was BOC's HEAVEN FORBID.

Think I'll be in line when the doors open at Newbury Comics on the 24th...

John