BOC: See you in black

Wed Mar 11 09:47:55 EST 1998

>Now, since I've never seen BOC in concert, I'd never heard this song before.
A good surprise, I guess, although I was a bit bothered by the metal edge I
found in it. I mean, it really sounds much heavier than most of their
previous songs

Well, what do you think songs like "Cities on Flame" sounded like to people
in 1972?

There has been some talk over what BOC should be releasing these days.
Some think some of the "softer" stuff, like Harvest Moon (which has a
very heavy middle section), or Live for Me are more appropriate.  My
opinion is that we don't neeto bother second-guessing BOC/CMC these
days.  After waiting 10 years for this album, they can do whatever
the hell they want, as long as they release it.  And, I like the idea of
BOC going for a hard edge - make 'em sit up and take notice!  After
all that BOC has been through as far as getting this album out, and the
fact that they aren't exactly in the mainstream these days, a "damn the
torpedoes - full steam ahead!" approach is refreshing.

John