BOC: SYIB and CMC

Wed Mar 11 09:59:34 EST 1998

>Just visisted the CMC site and I gotta tell you I wanted to fletch when
I saw the cover artwork.  That is so "NOT -BOC" I want to scream.  Hey
I'm happy its going to be on the shelves and CMC seems to be putting
their heart into making it a sucess.....but that art work is...is...is
hell I don't have the words...

The words you are searching for, my friend, are F***ing COOL!  ;-)

Seriously, it is a rather twisted cover by BOC standards, but what the
hell?  Again, I like the "damn the torpedoes - full steam ahead!" approach
that BOC/CMC are taking with this album.  Let's get something that people
will sit up and take notice of.

I might have preferred a title of "Ezekiel's Wheel" with a cool cover
depicting Ezekiel's vision, complete with UFOs, but we all don't get
what we want.

As for what is "BOC" in terms of artwork, what is that?  Mirrors - picture of
a rear-view mirror (yeah, I know, with hidden sperm cells in the clouds).
Club Ninja - a space station shaped like the BOC logo.  Secret Treaties -
the band around an ME-262.  SEE - the reaper riding on a horse.  OYFOOYK -
a limo pulled up in front of a church.  Connections?  I don't know.

Part of the problem I think is that since we haven't had new BOC artwork
for 10 years (i.e., no new albums), ANYTHING they do is going to seem
atypical.  This cover sure is different, but is the macabre imagery really
that far left of what the band did with Spectres or Some Enchanted Evening?

I like it for one simple reason - it has ATTITUDE - like "See You in Black".

John

PS:  As Buck said on the AOL chat - HEAVEN FORBID: The eye-popping new CD
from BOC!