BOC: See you in black

Wed Mar 11 09:06:49 EST 1998

 From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> There has been some talk over what BOC should be releasing these days.
> Some think some of the "softer" stuff, like Harvest Moon (which has a
> very heavy middle section), or Live for Me are more appropriate.  My
> opinion is that we don't neeto bother second-guessing BOC/CMC these
> days.  After waiting 10 years for this album, they can do whatever
> the hell they want, as long as they release it.  And, I like the idea of
> BOC going for a hard edge - make 'em sit up and take notice!  After
> all that BOC has been through as far as getting this album out, and the
> fact that they aren't exactly in the mainstream these days, a "damn the
> torpedoes - full steam ahead!" approach is refreshing.

You know that, John!  BOC has always been good at mixing up the tunes
on their albums.  If you do one style too much, it gets boring.  If
too many heavy tunes, they tend to loose their shock value.  Better
to start off with a heavy number or two, then a Harvest moon-type
song or an instrumental, then Bang, another rocker...

As long as BD's in the band, we can depend upon a steady diet of
contemplative songs like Harvest--which is great.  You can't blame
him for wanting to continue the vein of songs that got the band radio
airplay.  And hey, DFtR and BFY are great songs! As is HM.  And while
those are cool songs, it IS the heavy shit that established BOC.
Bring on SYIB...
theo