BOC: HB, SYIB, getting heated

Thu Mar 12 13:28:02 EST 1998

JS>How many BOC fans will NOT buy this CD based on
> it's cover?

>John you actually asked this question? I can't see anyone who knows this
band not buying the first new music in ten years becuase of a cheesy
cover. I can always turn it inside out if I don't want to see it.

EXACTLY my point!  No (or extremely few) BOC fan who has waited for
the new album is going to NOT buy it.  So, that's why I think maybe
BOC/CMC are right in targeting a different segment of the population
with the cover.  We fans are already "in the bag" so to speak.

>This could be problematic when the reviews/comments start flowing. How
should we judge this disc?  Should it be compared to BOC's distant past
(BOC thru Specters)?  Is RBN/CN era appropriate?  Ten years is a long
time and much has changed.

True.  But, we fans really shouldn't expect something that sounds like
Secret Treaties, Spectres, or Club Ninja (and some would surely say
"Thank God!").

I'd almost want to treat this as a totally different band, which, in
many respects, it is.

But my old rule still applies - if it makes me tap my foot, band my
head, or shake my butt, then it's good.  :-)

John