BOC: HB Reveiw

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Mar 13 10:09:30 EST 1998

>what's up with the barbed personal comments?  the primary purpose of my post
was to critique the new b.o.c. album.

>it seems to me that, my review being the among the first, some of
you don't want to read any negative opinions about the first new b.o.c.
in ten
years.  oh well...

eddie

I speak solely for myself on this Eddie and I do so by relating a
similar story.

I am on the King's X mailing list, (shamless plug: great forum for a
great band).  A member of that list got his hands on a cassette of the
early recording sessions, each song included.  Based on that cassette he
was very dissapointed by what he heard.  Now this guy wanted to post a
review of the album.   Moderator would not allow it.  Banned the post,
period.  Mr. Moderator stated firmly that the post would not be allowed
until the album was released.  At which time he would include the post.
His reasons were very simple, it was unfair to the rest of the
subscribers who did not have the same opportunity to hear this advanced
copy and judge for themselves.  Once everyone had access to the cd we
were free to bash or praise at leisure, no rules.  If this mostly
negative opinion hit the list before everyone had the cd then there was
likely to be heavy traffic and many upset subscribers.  In the best
interest of the list he would not allow this to happen.

I think a lot of the reaction you may have received on your post stems
from the fact you have it and others, who would like to judge it on
their own, do not.

Alex>Well, look here, I think what pissed off most people who reacted to
your
review (and probably many who haven't) is that you just simply said all
that
stuff with a lot of pretentiousness, as if your *opinion* was the only
one
with any value, as if you were God almighty or something. The "no
"humble
opinions"--it "flat out" sucks." bit was the hardest to swallow.

I also agree here, the tone you laid down didn't help either.

One other thing Eddie, I notice you have an AOL address, are you a part
of that BOC forum?  Was this same review posted there?  How did the AOL
folks react to what you wrote, assuming its the exact same review that
was posted here?  Mind answering these questions.

Respectfully Yours,
Ghost in The Ruins

"What's the difference between a bad golfer and a bad skydiver?
Bad Golfer:  Whack! ...  "Shit!"
Bad Skydiver:  "Shit!" ... Whack!"