Heaven Forbid

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Fri Mar 13 15:58:31 EST 1998

brian halligan writes:

> Dawa said:
>
> >You know whether or not Heaven Forbid "flat out sucks", or whether it's
> mediocre or whether its just a >good solid rock album, I think we should
> all cut BOC a little slack and not expect so much.  It has >been over 10
> years since the last "real" studio album of original material, and I'm
> sure the expectations >of a lot of BOC fans must weigh on them.
>
> Agreed.
>
> I wonder if this kind of stuff
> goes on at the Boston mailing
> list every time a new album
> comes out ;)

I was on the Big Country mailing list for a while... what a death
watch that was!  Cool people, but they just had no real
hope of ever seeing their band claw its way back from total
obscurity, and they knew it.  ;-)

I suppose it could be worse.  This could be the Jimi Hendrix mailing
list.  Or worse, the Queen mailing list.  Imagine if Eric really had
lost his voice, and they'd dubbed him onto the new album based on some
old vault tapes.  Ugh, what a thought.  I shouldn't post when I'm this
tired.  :)

Steve