HW: Silver Machine video revisited

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sat Mar 14 10:30:26 EST 1998

>William Duffy writes:
>> Both videos are just of live concerts. There's no clips as such on them.
>> They are probably also the least interesting videos of them to have been
>> released.
>
>Night of the Hawks rules! Nik during his "clownpunk" 80s Hawkwind stint and
>Brock in a skeleton costume... great version of Ejection/Uncle Sam's On
>Mars! Fun tape.
>
>I also think Chaos is pretty good. Great projection/lightshow, being a
>feast for comicbook afficionados (Frank Frazetta and Jack Kirby characters,
>Betty Boop toons etc.) Plus I think it rocks pretty good.
>
>Stonehenge and Live Legends have to be the most redundant HW videos (hell,
>I find the Love In Space video more tedious than both of those combined..)

We all have our own tastes, I guess. But apart from agreeing with you on
Stonehenge, I believe it to be the other way around, with LIS and Live
Legends being the best videos. I find Night of the Hawks very annoying,
because most of it is in virtual darkness, and I found Nik to be rather
embarrassing to watch. Chaos is badly filmed, and is really more like a
sequel to Chronicles, but without any of the interesting visuals.
I also feel that the music on these 2 weren't really a good indication of
the HW sound.

Just my own thoughts on that.

William