BOC - Baltic, CT gig last Saturday

Mon Mar 16 08:47:37 EST 1998

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
>
> Before the Kiss
> Cities on Flame
> ETI
> Harvest Moon
> The Vigil
> O.D. on Life
> Buck's Boogie
> Live for Me
> Flaming Telapaths
> See You in Black
> Last Days of May
> In Thee
> Burnin' 4 U
> Godzilla
> Reaper
> one encore - Dominance & Submission
>
> A few other, somewhat random, observations:

Seems like kind of a short show?  How was EB's voice?

> I disagree "a little" with Mark on the sound - certainly for the place they
> were playing, I think they did a good job with the sound, but there appeared
> to have been some problems with Buck's guitar setup.  He was definitely not
> high enough in the mix, at times being  almost dwarfed by Eric's, and
> especially Allen's guitars (although their playing was top notch).  For one or
> two songs, Buck was even playing what-I-thought was one of Eric's guitars (the

This has been a problem more than once.  I saw them several times
last year, and BD's gtr was usually too low in the mix.  What's up
here?  BD's the main player in the band, and one of the greatest gtr
plyrs of all time.  Why isn't his gtr right in our faces?

theo