HW: Silver Machine video revisited/Legendary Pink Dots

eldritch eldritch at NDIRECT.CO.UK
Mon Mar 16 12:44:23 EST 1998

;-)

I had tickets for about 6 gigs on the Alien tour in 95.....still got
most of them. I couldn't give them away at the time.
In the end I had the worst flu ever..
The only reason I made it to one gig, was HW decided to their tour
warmup at Workington in Cumbria...
Just near enough for me to get to without dying..

Incredible...it was an experience anyway.

It was at the Carnegie theatre, which is a little old music hall ;-)
Mercifully we missed most of Captain Rizzzzz set..

The stage is titchy, and the lights were still rigged for a large
venue..

The two dancers were hilarious, they had about an inch of stage, it was
the funniest thing I've ever seen..
Every time the strobes came on, you were plastered against the back wall
of the place...
I was hallucinating because of the flu, helped along by the lights....
I think there was a sign somewhere saying beware epileptics...

They did do cracking versions of Robot, Lord of Light, and Silver
Machine though..
Ron Tree does a cracking Bob Calvert...

I think the capacity of the venue is only about 200...

If you think what Hawkwind would be like in pantomime.....this was it..
And the gig date isn't even on my tour t-shirt...boohoo.

Rich

My mate went to the London date and said it wash tosh so I'm glad I
couldn't go in the end..