Queen, R. Taylor

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Mar 18 04:27:37 EST 1998

In article <l03110700b132ff0d9317@[205.155.73.35]>, Thomas Nelson
<tnelson at HUMBOLDT.K12.CA.US> writes

>Alright, am I the only one who feels this is a little insensitive?  I
>noticed that nobody else really cared or shocked about this statement.

erm, no. No-one manifestly thought (the other) Dead Fred warranted
defending. I'm pretty sure yer Fred wouldn't have taken umbridge either.

>  Of
>course, nobody from BOC has died, so maybe it isn't relevant.

'cept fofp's here's for the HW and we have lost our beloved Bob. Still
joke 'em if they can't take a fuck, eh? When ye get te our age, laddie,
ye have te laugh at death....

>These sort
>of views aren't why I am on this list.  I am here because NORMALLY we have
>good, honest, and critical discussion.

This is good, honest, critical discussion. You must bear in mind this is
not a Queen list. Most of us are going to be like "underground" types,
at least in our musical taste.  When discussing Queen on this list,
descent into invective is going to be quite hard to avoid.

"no really, I thought We Are The Champions was really jolly good!"
"but surely Fat-Bottomed Girls says more about the nature of human
sexuality?"
"Thrice Nay!!! The one about Wanting To Ride His Bicycle was etc etc."

One thing you could say about Mercury was the man had a good sense of
humour and didn't take himself over seriously.

dreadful band, though.

blah
--
Jon