OFF Re:Queen

Thomas Nelson tnelson at HUMBOLDT.K12.CA.US
Tue Mar 17 20:07:59 EST 1998

>(Ted Jackson jr. wrote)
>Geez, dude.  Chill a little.  Maybe nobody responded 'cause there
>aren't a lot of Queen fans on the list?  Isn't that our right?  I
>think Queen was a pertty good band, I just didn't see it as an issue
>worth fighting for.  If you're lonely for email, just write something
>negative about Rush on this list, and I guarantee things'll heat up
>for ya!

>(Jon Browne wrote)
>'cept fofp's here's for the HW and we have lost our beloved Bob. Still
>joke 'em if they can't take a fuck, eh? When ye get te our age, laddie,
>ye have te laugh at death....

Alright. Alright.  I guess I shouldn't get my panties in a bunch.  I didn't
follow one of my own mailing list rules: Don't answer a posting I'm upset
about until I have had one day to simmer down.

While I still feel the post was in poor taste, I must admit that I am
certainly swimming in a shallow puddle if I think it matters that much.
The acceptence or approval of Queen's music wasn't really the issue with
me.  Obviously, I am a big fan.  I suppose I just haven't gotten over the
sting of Freddie's death.

As Jon said,"One thing you could say about Mercury was the man had a good
sense of humour and didn't take himself over seriously."  Thanks for
putting back into perspective for me!

The Gumby Man is out taking a breath of fresh air!

Hi lil AB!

Thomas Nelson
8th Grade Core Teacher
McKinleyville Middle School