OFF: Queen

Thu Mar 19 06:34:49 EST 1998

>> From:          Torgo Sedler <drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM>

> Hi Kids, Torgo here.....
>
> OK, I am not out to start any flame wars here, as I survived both the
> "coffee flame war" and the "Dr. Bob's Smileys flame war". I certainly

Howls!  I still have one of Dr. Bob's posts re smileys on file around
here somewhere!  Whatever happened to him?  He was a funny guy.
Think I must have missed the coffee flame war, though I remember
somebody giving AB some <shit> about it, if you get my drift!

> don't want to threepeat by joining in the "everyone be pickin' on
> Torgo's fave bands" flame war, but when Queen gets dumped on I just
> can't stay in lurk mode (where I indeed seem the happiest these days)
> any longer.

First Rush, now Queen...Who's next?

> > Alright, am I the only one who feels this is a little insensitive?  >I
> noticed that nobody else really cared or shocked about this >statement.
> Of course, nobody from BOC has died, so maybe it isn't >relevant.  These
> sort of views aren't why I am on this list.  I am >here because NORMALLY
> we have good, honest, and critical discussion. > No longer, hmmm?

Well, it's insensitive if people blast Queen or any 'good' band we
might like, but it's not insensitive if we rip the Spice Girls,
right?

theo