LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

Dan Olivadoti Dano7 at WEBTV.NET
Thu Mar 19 09:57:29 EST 1998

Way to go, Torgo!!!!! I had to come out of lurk mode for this too! I'm
always amazed at the narrow minds that say dumb statements like "That
SUCKS!" If something is not to your taste, you can say you don't like
it, but you can't deny the TALENT! And Queen, my friends, is one of the
most talented bands there ever was. They changed music and nobody's ever
been able to duplicate their sound, though everyone from Def Leppard to
Extreme has tried. I've noticed that, especially in the case of Queen,
there comes musical snobbery--"Oh, they sucked after Queen II".
Bull!!!!!!! I can't stand that attitude-as soon as a band attains
mainstream acceptance, they're automatic sellouts? Give me a break!
Especially Queen, who continued to make challenging music right til the
end! I'm so sorry that your poor little Hawkwind never became a
successful band, but don't you dare tear apart a band out of
jealousy-and that is exactly what I see here! Now, as far as Rush, I
don't care for them and never have, but I'll be damned if I say they
suck and that there's no talent there! That's how grade and middle
school kids describe what they don't like. I consider myself a music fan
with a brain.

....And no performer EVER has given as much to his audience as Freddie
Mercury did. He was still making videos for the "Innuendo" album and
cutting vocal tracks even though his AIDS was so far along that he could
only have the strength to put in a few hours of vocals a week, and he
was suffering from blindness and other severe ailments. Although I don't
care for the Beach Boys, I have to give kudos to Carl Wilson, who
despite battling advanced cancer, still managed to tour right til his
last days.

QUEEN ROCKS! Enough said!

Dano