OFF Re:Queen

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Thu Mar 19 10:06:06 EST 1998

Thomas Nelson writes:

> Alright. Alright.  I guess I shouldn't get my panties in a bunch.  I didn't
> follow one of my own mailing list rules: Don't answer a posting I'm upset
> about until I have had one day to simmer down.
>
> While I still feel the post was in poor taste, I must admit that I am
> certainly swimming in a shallow puddle if I think it matters that much.
> The acceptence or approval of Queen's music wasn't really the issue with
> me.  Obviously, I am a big fan.  I suppose I just haven't gotten over the
> sting of Freddie's death.

If it makes any difference to you, my original post about "At least
this isn't the Queen mailing list" (or the Henrix mailing list) was
intended as a sort of queasy attempt at humor (it was late, I was
tired), but I grew up on _News of the World_, I don't envy the Queen
fans facing the fact of their favorite band getting savaged like that,
and I personally felt like somebody hit me when I found out that
Freddy had died.

Steve
fan of Queen, Hendrix, Nirvana, Gin Blossoms...