OFF: Stop the Violence about bands

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Mar 19 12:01:24 EST 1998

>OK, I am not out to start any flame wars here, as I survived both the "coffee
flame war" and the "Dr. Bob's Smileys flame war".

Ah the good old days!

>I tend to get a bit sensitive as well when Queen is bashed. I have been a
major Queen fan since 1974 and I have survived every major sound change
along the way. In fact these changes are why I like this band so much.
Never ones to be stuck in a rut, Queen proved time and time again that
they could do ANY farkin' thing they set out to do. Want it heavy,
they deliver. Want Balads, they deliver. The Amazing Brevardo even
mentioned HOT SPACE and it's dance sound. Now, I hate dance music as
much as anyone who hates dance music, but when I hear Queen do it it's
like, "well God damn, if ALL Dance music was like THAT I could handle
it."

This is bound to happen in a free discussion forum.  Lets face it every
list has its naughty and nice characters.  More so, every list has some
real left field thinking whacko's who's veiws may be so strange they
often stare in a mirror and see the eyes of a stranger (can you say
Ghost in the Ruins kiddies?).  BTW thanks, I'd do mortal combat with
anyone  who said Hot Space was a joke.  Man that album got me lots of
"digits" and "dates" back in the day.  Not the worlds greatest dancer
but I could dance to many of those tunes heheheheheheheheheheh.

> Maybe it is time for the Gumby Man to leave this mailing list.

>Don't go Gumby man!!!!

Ditto, Hell No, Gumby Don't Go!

>This is a FREE discussion group, and if I wanna say that I think Lemmy is the
most over-rated and over-picked scab on the music scene today, with a
voice that sounds like
Harvey Firestein with a broken whiskey bottle lodged in his windpipe,
and lyrics that would make a 4th grader wince, THAT IS MY RIGHT.

MEGA HAIRY HOWLS!  If I didn't know better I'd swear this came directly
from one of your cd reviews.

>And now a word from Mr. Tightly-Squweezed ButtCheeks III

Frendzuh,

>Please to tell me just what "No Sign Of HF @ Tower" has to >do with Queen or
>Rush bashing?

Boy this is a refreshing digest for a change.  Good call Mr. Shipley.  I
was so excited to see so many references to my little original subject
field, I was doing Jim Carey impersonations "they like me, they really
like me".  Much to my chagrin they had nothing to do with it.  Probably
my fault for adding the little OB thought on Queen.  Thought that would
be safe.  Some people are in "lurker mode", me, I'm constantly in
"ignore that whacko mode".  Geez now I'm depressed. 8>).

>The Gumby Man is out taking a breath of fresh air!

Hi lil AB!

Gumby YOU DA MAN!  Nice to see a post from you.  It has been a long time
since you were here.  I abandoned the lil ab giving all due respects to
Big AB since he is a bit older and a tiny bit more talented and famous
8>).  I use Ghost in the Ruins instead.

Speaking to the famous and talented AB where has the big guy run off
too?  Has anybody seen tBS lately?

Ghost in the Ruins

Froogin at work to the wonderful sounds of Trans Siberian Orchestra,
even though it ain't X-mas.