OFF: Andy's dodgy tastes in music (retitled for Andy)

Fri Mar 20 09:51:29 EST 1998

On Friday, March 20, 1998 1:58 PM, reset [SMTP:mumford at ONLINE.NO] wrote:
> > Nah, Meat Loaf's for kids, just like those funny books you read! >:))
>
> "Kids"! Hah! Old man! :) What was that about the current Sin City?

Hey, I'm into Sin City as much as the next guy, I'm just taking the piss,
that's all! :)

> And so what if Meat Loaf's for kids - aren't SPICE GIRLS?

Yep, that's the whole point of the Girls.  My 9-year-old goddaughter is SO
into the Girls.  (At least she was a couple of months ago! :)

And anyway it's practically unpatriotic not to like them! :)  I was really
surprised they broke in America!

> BTW, who are the new group who've modelled themselves after SG over
> there, but are sexier/younger/better (appearantly :)?? Hmmm?

You're probably thinking of All Saints.  They're a different kind of
outfit, really.  More grown-up. :)

> Sure. I mean, its extremely cheezy, juvenile, whatever. Lots of stuff on
> that
> album is awful, some is totally brilliant. IMO :) I was a little kid when
> it
> came out and... kids don't care about "cool" because they don't know/care
> what
> that means (and some never will ;) and judge stuff purely on its own
> merits.

I thought that was probably it - I was just too old and cynical (at 18) to
get with it!

> anyway I have some current rants on funnybooks and stuff up at
> http://www.login.eunet.no/~christmu/junk.html if you wanna see what kids
> are
> up to these days.

I'll check it out!  All I'm reading these days is the Moorcock thing and
Transmetropolitan.

I think I'll go and listen to some Stooges.

-Andy