BOC: Tower Records check

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Sun Mar 22 23:16:20 EST 1998

Nebosuke writes:

> Well at least one of the local Tower's has Heaven Forbid on-site as of now,
> but claim they won't be in the racks until Tuesday morning...will stop by a
> couple on the way home tonight and see if something made it to the racks by
> mistake or can be pried out of them...
>
> -Chris Baker

Well, I just checked my email after a weekend away from home, and
found a note from CDNow telling me that my order (including Heaven
Forbid) shipped on the 20th.

When I originally placed the order, I believe they claimed that they'd
ship it so that it would arrive on the release date, so I'm expecting
it in my mailbox on tuesday.

You know, it's a strange sensation, waiting on the arrival of an album
that I was in frantic anticipation of almost a decade ago.  By the end
of the 1980's it was apparent that the new album wasn't going to
follow hot on the heels of Imaginos, and I settled in for what I
thought would be an "extended" wait.  If only I'd had any idea how
extended...  ;-)

By the early 90's, I was starting to take the yearly announcement of
the new forthcoming album (wasn't it almost always due out in May?)
with a grain of salt.  By the mid-1990's it had become something of a
standing joke on this list and amongst my friends.

Now, that the album almost certainly exists (after this many years,
I'll only *really* believe it when I hear the music coming out of my
stereo), I find that my attitude is more one of curiosity than any
real red-hot, pins-and-needles anticipation.  It's just been so long,
and the band that I loved back then has undergone so many changes that
I have no idea what I'm really expecting from them at this point.  I
have some theories, of course, but this is too rare an occasion for me
to give in to my usual tendency for opinionated speculation.  ;-)

A new Blue Oyster Cult album?  It must be the end of the millenium;
the world is become strange...

Steve