BOC: Tower Records check

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Mon Mar 23 01:09:22 EST 1998

At 23:16 22/03/98 -0500, Stephen Swann wrote:
>Now, that the album almost certainly exists (after this many years,
>I'll only *really* believe it when I hear the music coming out of my
>stereo), I find that my attitude is more one of curiosity than any
>real red-hot, pins-and-needles anticipation.  It's just been so long,
>and the band that I loved back then has undergone so many changes that
>I have no idea what I'm really expecting from them at this point.  I
>have some theories, of course, but this is too rare an occasion for me
>to give in to my usual tendency for opinionated speculation.  ;-)

 Every release of this band has been somewhat difficult to predict in terms
of sound and style.
  How much of a shock would AoF have been to those expecting another ST?
How about the transition from Mirrors to CE?  etc etc.
  So, what I have come to expect is a change.  I am happy when the latest
BÖC sounds nothing like the last (yet still distinctively BÖC), becuase that
is a constant as far as our heroes go.
  I can't wait.  I have ordered my copy from the USA and it will be here
Thursday, and my friend and I are making a special trip to Melbourne just to
pick our copies up....and then listen to it in the car stereo on the way back!!-
 *ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!*

  Troy

>A new Blue Oyster Cult album?  It must be the end of the millenium;
>the world is become strange...
>
>Steve

        Troy Harris

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au