BOC: Tower Records check

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Mon Mar 23 12:47:26 EST 1998

Steve writes -

> Now, that the album almost certainly exists (after this many years,
> I'll only *really* believe it when I hear the music coming out of my
> stereo), I find that my attitude is more one of curiosity than any
> real red-hot, pins-and-needles anticipation.  It's just been so long,
> and the band that I loved back then has undergone so many changes that
> I have no idea what I'm really expecting from them at this point.

I think part of the reason I'm not particularly fired up about HF is that
my taste in music has mutated and expanded so dramatically in all those years
BOC have been away, whereas I'm not so sure the band's direction will have
kept up.

Around the late 80s BOC occupied a huge chunk of my stereo time, vying with
the likes of Judas Priest and (ahem) Rush. I had maybe 100 LPs & tapes back
then. These days I have about 600 CDs to choose from, including genres and
artists I would have gagged on 10 years ago. I'll still buy HF when I find it
at a decent price (see, I can't even be arse'd to pay import prices :), I'll
still hope its excellent, but the competition is just so much stiffer now.

cheers,

Tim

ObCD: black tape for a blue girl, _remnants of a deeper purity_