HW: Lemmy's departure again and LOTR (a bit OFF-ish, I'll agree)

Tue Mar 24 12:04:35 EST 1998

On Tuesday, March 24, 1998 4:42 PM, Kenneth Magnusson
[SMTP:bishop.garden at FALKOPING.MAIL.TELIA.COM] wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Once upon a time I asked about Lemmy's depature from the Hawks but I was
> stupid enough to do a small Rush reference at that occasion so I never
> got
> any answer to my question

Well that was a silly thing to do, wasn't it? :))

so here I go again, I understand that some
> people
> state that he left on the 1999 party tour, but, what-the-hell, he's on
> Warrior, he must have been sacked during the Warrior tour, or...?

OK, the HW US tours were in:

November 73
March 74
September-October 74 (this was the tour with the Indiana police incident
which caused a lot of dates to be rescheduled)
May 75

And it was in May 75 that the amphetamine sulphate incident occured.
 _Warrior_ was released in May 75.

>  Taking another risk of being ridiculed, there's rumours on a new Lord Of
> The Rings movie, with Bowie as Elrond and Sean Connory as Gandalf,
> another
> rumour was that Disney is doing the movie and wanted Gandalf to be female
> (what, what, what ???). Do anyone have more info ?

No, the news here is all about the Hurley vs Mitra _Tomb Raider_
controversy :)

-Andy