BOC: Heaven Forbid

Nebosuke Nebosuke at AOL.COM
Tue Mar 24 16:35:49 EST 1998

Two straight listens so far, just on my PC...too early to assess this album in
relation to past BOC but man oh man...all I know is that I have never heard
more jaw-droppingly on-the-money guitar work in my life.  I've seen Buck play
about 38 times since '73 and his playing on this album is just blowing my
mind.

BD's got a writing credit on all ten of the new tunes and sings half of them.
He also produced more than half of the album.  I foresee firefights about this
in various forums.  If it wasn't this good I might even care.

Anyone with even the most marginal interest in the band has got to get this
album.  I don't know just exactly how good this is yet but I'll tell ya, we're
talking about making distinctions in some rarefied atmosphere.  Not <are there
tunes on here which are up there with the best of this band's stuff?>, but
<how many?>

-Chris Baker