BOC: The Day is Upon Us

Torgo Sedler drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 24 20:18:56 EST 1998

Hi Kids!!

Well, like most of us, I snagged myself a copy of Heaven Forbid today. I
found it for 13.99 at Circuit City and they had ONE other copy. Expect a
full review REAL soon.

A few random thoughts....

Overall I like it, it's a nice mix of heavy and heavier mostly, and it
loosens the fillings quite nicely. Not unlike live shows lately, it's a
bit Buck heavy. My quick listen through faves are leaning towards
"Harvest Moon", "Damaged" (which is QUITE different for Buck), and "Real
World".

The Cover...

It's weird I guess, because I hated it before I saw what was "under" the
CD. Now I find myself liking it somewhat. I Like the whole yin-yang feel
of the "ugly and beautiful" contrast. I could see this one in the vinyl
days work nicely. Slide your nail in the edge of that butt ugly cover
and out slides a colorful innersleeve of the rather attractive blonde
woman. Gee, all the bitching we did about the "ugly" artwork..... I
guess "the joke was on us". :^D

I also picked up WoTT today for 16.99, thus completing my collection all
the way across the boards. I like it enough, even though I have 90% of
it elsewhere. The studio version of Born to be Wild... well, that one
will have to grow on me. They almost do it too fast live, and in the
studio they decided to do it too slow. Weird.

One note on the artwork inside WoTT, on page 11 there is a picture of
the 5 originals with a laser hitting each one. What is cool is that I
remember seeing that same picture in an ad for Some Enchanted Evening in
Rolling Stone Magazine years ago. If I remember, each laser was a
different color, illuminating each member. I remember cutting it out and
glueing it to my bedroom wall. Boy was my Mom pissed... but hey, That's
Rock and Roll!!! :^D

Later kids....

Torgo has left the building.......
Torgo at norwich.net     DrTorgo at hotmail.com