BOC: My BOC Holiday

Jean Lansford lansford at VNET.NET
Wed Mar 25 15:58:34 EST 1998

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Stephen Swann wrote:

>John A Swartz writes:
>>
> [...]
>> First the local (again, Burlington MA) Tower Records.  Based on some
>> previous research, I fully expected to NOT find HF in the store.  Well,
>> I did happen to find it - about a dozen copies as a matter of fact (all
>> priced at $17.99!! - which seems to be what most new CDs at Tower
>> are going for) - however, they were NOT in the main racks, but
>> underneath them, where they typically keep the extra CDs.  "Well,
>> this is incredibly LAME" I thought, "Who's going to see them down
>> THERE?"  So, after putting a few behind the "Blue Oyster Cult" divider,
>> I spied the space above the racks where they often put popular, new,
>> or sale discs.  Figuring that no-one really wants to buy Mary Blige CDs,
>> I put a bunch up on top where the much-debated cover could be
>> prominently seen.  Then, I snuck the remaining 4 or 5 CS onto Tower's
>> rack of new releases near the front of the store.  "MUCH better" I thought.
>
>John, you kill me.  You forgot to leave a trail of breadcrumbs from
>the front door to the "B" section, though.  ;-)

He's following in some exalted footsteps.  First people I knew of
doing something similar were Susan Shwartz and Judith Tarr,
rearranging the books so their friends' novels were full face instead
of spine out at the bookstores.

My first reaction to HF was "disjointed," but it may just be that the
drugs have left me disjointed.  <shrug>

Jean Lansford
lansford at vnet.net
http://users.vnet.net/lansford/