Dissing Zappa

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Mar 26 11:08:30 EST 1998

In article <3519BEB2.5D29 at dial.pipex.com>, Stuart Hamilton
<xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM> writes
>The Small Faces - talentless, media creations.

>The Clash - ditto but special
>contempt reserved for the media followers who actually believed the hype.
>Punk - On Broadway, I don't think so.  The Ruts ruled the punk roost round
>our way.

They were good live, I grant you, although it was a bit horrible being
covered in Malcolm's blood.

ICU, however, were the best punk band as any fule kno.

Regarding the Small Faces, I'm afraid you are deeply in error concerning
your allegations. Flat out wrong. I suspect I could write a piece
similar in length to your defence of Rundgren (who I do actually like,
BTW) but who cares anyway....
--
Jon