Eeeny Faces (Was: Dissing Zappa)

reset mumford at ONLINE.NO
Fri Mar 27 07:15:55 EST 1998

> Stuart Hamilton <xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM> writes..
> >>The Small Faces - talentless, media creations.
>
> Jon Browne countered with...
> >Regarding the Small Faces, I'm afraid you are deeply in error
> >concerning your allegations.  <SNIP>  but who cares anyway....
>
> I CARE - Tell us more.

Jeez, they were just a wonderful band. Ogden's Nut Gone Flake is up there
with Forever Changes or Revolver as far as classic albums from that era go,
I think few people would agree that they were "talentless media creations".
Any Marriott/Lane song is a classic (not just my opinion I think) in its
own right and the Small Faces have influenced some of the most influental
bands of ANY era in poular music since and still do. Tin Soldier? Itchicoo
Park? Here Come The Nice? And about 40 more classics - Y'can't deny it!

Christian