BOC: HF time sig fun...SYIB and PUD

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Mar 27 16:42:39 EST 1998

>>For those who were wondering, here's the time signature scoop...
>>
>>See You in Black begins in 11/8, with the verses in alternating measures of
>>4/4 and 7/8, and the chorus in 4/4.  The 11/8 pattern returns a time or two

>I prefer to think of it going like this...
>
>Bum - ba - Bum - ba - Bum - ba - Bum - BUM (repeat)
>
>and then
>
>Nah-nunanunanuna-Nah-nunanunanuna-Nah-nunanunanuna-Naah-Naah (repeat)

Can you put that in layman's terms for those of us
who don't know technical musical terminology?

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  | Tension
Roger Shrubstaff,                       |  Apprehension
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |    and Dissention
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |     have begun.
+--------B-L-U-E--Ö-Y-S-T-E-R--C-U-L-T--+    -Alfred Bester
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random