Off: Fresh Meat!

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Mar 30 09:30:47 EST 1998

Ah fresh meat...

>Hi, I found this list only a couple of days ago when I was looking for
information about BOC's upcoming HF release. I have a couple of
observations to make which I don't intend to get flamed for, but rather
hope will spark good conversation in the list.

Hello Miles

>1) Who is Hawkwind, is there a connection between HW and BOC?, Is there a
musical similarity?,  in other words, as a BOC fanatic, would I
probably like HW? As I said, please don't be offended by my ignorance
in this question. I am actually quite travelled in the realms of music,
including
obscure groups and labels and simply have never run across HW nor have
any of my friends who like similar music told me of them.

Some have answered this question for you and thrown out some
recommendations.  I am not ultra big into HW but they are a damn fine
band with some strange similiarities to BOC careeer wise.  My
recommendation for ya is Chronicles of the Black Sword (Live)   There
are two versions of this but I don't think you can go wrong with either.
 Another would be Live 79.  This is the rocking version of HW.

>2) I am a LONG time subscriber to the "Rush NMS" mailing list/listserv.

Another Rush fan?  O'boy the sides are getting even.  Uh don't take it
to heart when some on this list bash Rush while others defend them with
their lives.  A damn strange phenomenon on this list.  Watch Theo
especially, we keep him on medication to minimize the Rush wars.  I like
Rush but not well enough to be a soldier in these battles.

>Oh well, good feedback, even if it doesn't agree with me is welcome. I'm only
making an observation.

Well please don't start too many Rush threads or Queen for that matter.
Both take heat and get promoted here.

Now a couple of things you should know...

John Swartz maintains the BOC FAQ which is an excellent source of
material on the band.  He also maintains similar info on the Brain
Surgeons, Al Bouchard's new band.  BTW Al hangs out here whenever he
can.  Nicest guy you'd ever meet.

Bernhard P., who posts every know and then, is one of many folks that
could tell you a lot about HW.  If you get snagged (made a fan of this
band) you have many resources on this line.  Some major HW fans here who
know just about everything.  Uh we still have no explanation for "Pops
Shipley".

Anything bad happen to you while your here just blame it on Steve Swann
(list founder).  Everyone blames Steve for everything around here.

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins