hawkwind.com = blueberryhill.com now??? huh?

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Mar 30 18:34:53 EST 1998

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, stalker wrote:

> just tried once more if www.hawkwind.com is back online - but got
> a VERY strange result:
>
> +++++++++++
>
> This is our way of saying, "Welcome!"
>
>                                                   hawkwind.com
>
> BHCom welcomes you to your new Virtual Server! BHCom is committed to
> bring you the best service and response available. To help you get
> acquainted with your virtual server, BHCom has prepared a help page just
> for you! BHCom encourages you to visit this help page and add it to your
> list of bookmarks/favorites in your web browser. Enjoy!
>
> Any questions can be E-mailed to support at bluehill.com.
>
> +++++++
>
> "blueberry hill" looks like some company that gives away domain-names or
> so....
> anyone heard of them? or heard any news about the "original"
> hawkwind.com pages?

Blueberry Hill have always hosted the www.hawkwind.com pages, at least
they've been the technical contact for the hawkwind.com domain in the
InterNIC database.

I surmise that Dale has simply removed his WWW pages (maybe as a result
of some flap with Doug Smith??), and so Blueberry Hill have merely
pointed www.hawkwind.com at a default set of pages that they provide to
all the customers they serve.

Actonium Doug ought to get Blueberry Hill to put in a redirect for the
old www.hawkwind.com pages to those done by Kris Tait, etc.  That
(anything) would be better than the amateurish, content-free de facto
pages they have right now.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Blue Oyster Cult, _Heaven Forbid_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix