Followup to New on the List

Daniel Ligon makmorn at QIS.NET
Mon Mar 30 18:42:55 EST 1998

On Mon, Mar 30, 1998 at 05:54:18PM -0500, Ted Jackson jr. 6L6 said:
> SYiB proves
> that EB is back!  In a major way.  All of us hand wringers should go
> out and get ourselves bitch-slapped!  Some people have niggled over
> the lyrics, but I think they're classic BOC subject matter.  In fact,
> I'm pretty pleased with Shirley's lyrics overall...

Oh, please...

The first and third verses are fine (and that first line is a killer),
but the other verses are horrible.  Her husband is a wife-beater,
so now we have the justification for killing him.  We don't need
no stinkin' justification!  We'll kill him because we want his wife!
*That*'s reason enough.  The "old" BOC would left in the ambiguity.

And that last verse, running away to Greece and drinking Ouzo... YAK!

> HM, what can you
> say?  The lyrics are great,

Except when Buck used "... daughter disappeared from sight" to rhyme "go
out at night".

But still the best song on the album.  Absolutely haunting.

Daniel Ligon                              makmorn at qis.net

  But I'm a Howler Monkey
  Moreau's half and half man